Published earlier at MayorSam, additional content from The Foothills. Observed. Staff
These endorsements hardly speak to the public's confidence in Wendy Gruel. Especially when she is caught in some lie, exaggeration or obfuscation at any given moment.
- Campaigned out of City Hall and with City resources
- Continues to spend and re-spend an imaginary $160 million in waste, fraud and abuse even her own office says doesn't exist
- Did nothing to improve Valley Plaza in North Hollywood and sections of Foothill Blvd in Sunland that now look like slums
- Makes wide claims of credit for successes of Mayor Tom Bradley and President Bill Clinton for programs she was tangentially involved in at best
- Wasted funds for open space on a park that has still not been built and is now fenced in; funds could have been used to purchase the Verdugo Hills Golf Course and put to rest the risk of a community crippling development
- Failed to properly disclose ownership in building supply firm during Home Depot fight, thus legally putting her ability to advocate for Sunland-Tujunga at risk
- Did nothing when parents begged her to help end student on student violence at Verdugo Hills High School
|From our friends at the Downtown LA News|
Wendy once worked for DreamWorks; perhaps when she loses this election she can go back to work there and create special effects for the next Spielberg blockbuster. Just make sure the accountants have tight reign, though.