Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sunland-Tujunga: Gateway to Shut Your Mouth


Phil Tabbi, Jr. reports that he's been removed from the board of the Sunland-Tujunga Chamber of Commerce because of his refusal to support the ill conceived "Gateway to the Angeles National Forest" branding initiative a few leaders of the Chamber have been championing for some time.

Tabbi, the son of a past Chamber president and a family who has been involved in Sunland-Tujunga community affairs for decades, tells the story himself:

And the saga continues. I, Phil Tabbi, no longer am the First Vice President of the Sunland-Tujunga Chamber of Commerce. 

In our last board meeting a motion was brought forth to have me expelled from the chamber by Paolina; it was seconded by Diana Lee, in which this was her second meeting, and the result of those actions brought us to today, a hearing to expel me. I feel that I stood up for all of our residents today that do not support the current branding initiate, because that is where this truly lies. I have not believed in the actions taken by some and like to speak about it. In two weeks, the entire board of directors are up for re-election. If they did not want me to serve on the board, then do not elect me, why tarnish my name with an expulsion? The branding committee sure won their battle today, or did they?

I am suing the United Chamber of Commerce, Sunland Tujunga Chamber of Commerce, and the Gateway to the Angeles National Forest. In the September board meeting Paolina made the motion to expel me and today she submitted a ballot with a yes answer. There is such thing as freedom of speech. What they are doing is wrong and everyone should know the truth behind the lies. Many in the S-T Chamber board of directors are wonderful people with great businesses. It is the current leadership that has ignored those with a voice, and allow things to go only in their favor. I will not stop and I ask you once again Paolina, please take your gateway somewhere else, it is not welcome here!

Stay tuned!

No comments: